Blast Protection Security Blinds
Collaborating with Abbey Protect, DHAS offers a uniquely patented blast protection solution for highly secure areas in the MENA region.
The Concept of Blast Protection:
The concept of SECURABLINDS® design by ABBEY Protect is proven in rigorous attack and blast testing. The closing of the blind is triggered by the forward force of the blast wave and then the blast is absorbed by the blind, protecting the occupants and contents of the building. The SECURABLINDS® range of products can be retrofitted to existing buildings as well as new build applications.
SECURABLINDS® security systems have constantly been subjected to numerous blast trials since 2000. Specific testing and product development since 2013 has delivered a significant step forward in the level of protection the SECURABLINDS® Blast Blind offers. A blast can be unpredictable so the latest rigorous testing and development has been key to achieving the level of protection that the SECURABLINDS® Blast Blinds offer. The SECURABLINDS® Blast Blinds have been tested to achieve rigorous standards.
How it works:
- An explosion occurs radiating out a blast pressure wave in all directions.
- The pressure wave smashes the window forcing the glass and anti-shatter film or polycarbonate trigger to automatically shut the blinds.
- The SECURABLINDS® Blast Blind then absorbs the force of the pressure wave, stopping glass shrapnel and other blast debris from entering the building.
- The negative phase of the blast wave then draws the glass and debris back towards the blast source.
SECURABLINDS® Bomb Blast Protection Video:
SECURABLINDS® Bomb Blast range of Security blinds are fitted internally behind a window for protection against the effects of blast and lethal glass shrapnel. Our aesthetic designs incorporate an inward opening inner panel opening 90° into the room allowing for access to the window just like a normal blind. The blinds are tested in accordance with ISO 16933 against both 100kg and 500Kg devices at 30 meter range.
How it protected lives:
The Beirut Harbor Blast of April 4th 2019 caused at least 218 deaths, 7,000 injuries, and US$15 billion in property damage, and leaving an estimated 300,000 people homeless.
SECURABLINDS® protection installed client premises protected assets and personnel from the devastating explosion.
- AUTOMATIC GATES
- AUTOMATIC DOORS
- BUILDING COMFORT
- LIGHTNING, SURGE PROTECTION & EARTHING
- SAFETY SYSTEMS
- SECURITY SYSTEMS
- SOFT SOLUTIONS
- PARKING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS